Pelini: Arkansas speculation is 'ludicrous'
- Navy charges 3 with sexual assault
- Alabama AD: Team's run 'unprecedented'
- Hermann starts first day as Rutgers' AD
- Ex-Okla. State QB Lunt joining Illinois
- 325 ex-PSU players support Paterno suit
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) Bo Pelini says he's happy at Nebraska and that it's "ludicrous" his name is being connected to the coaching vacancy at Arkansas.
Pelini is among several coaches who have been mentioned in media speculation about possible replacements for Bobby Petrino, who was fired Tuesday for failing to disclose his relationship with a 25-year-old former Razorbacks volleyball player he hired last month without disclosing his conflict of interest or the fact he had once paid her $20,000.
Pelini said Wednesday he believes Nebraska is a "destination job" and that he's concentrating on winning a championship with the Cornhuskers and having the best possible team this fall.
Pelini was defensive coordinator in the Southeastern Conference at LSU before Nebraska hired him in 2008. He's 38-16 in four seasons.
Updated April 11, 2012
Follow 670 The Score
- Blackhawks Beat Bruins 6-5 In OT, Even Series 2-2Brent Seabrook's goal 9:51 into overtime lifted the Chicago Blackhawks to a wild 6-5 victory over the Boston Bruins on Wednesday night and tied the Stanley Cup finals through four games.446
- Photos: Quenneville’s ‘Stache Throughout The YearsLike a fine wine, some things simply get better with age.850
- Bosh To Fans Who Left Early: ‘Don’t Come Back For Game 7′In fact, Chris Bosh has a message for those who left early.852
- Deen Says She Used Racial Slur But Doesn’t Tolerate HateCelebrity cook Paula Deen says she has used racial slurs in the past but insists she and her brother, who are accused of racial and sexual discrimination in a lawsuit by a former manager of their restaurant, don't tolerate hateful behavior.577
- Photo: Wrigley Field Replica Built Entirely Of LegosPatience and a steady hand. That's what must have gone into creating this replica of Wrigley Field, built entirely of Legos.1571
Online Sports Columnists
- Win $1,000 In Gas From Hyundai! June 17, 2013Enter to win $1,000 in free gas from Hyundai! What’s better than free gas? How about the 2013 Elantra Limited with an EPA-Estimated 38 MPG Highway! 28 City/38 Hwy. EPA Estimates. For comparison only. Actual mileage may vary.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!
- Miller Lite ‘Take Me Out To The Ballpark’ Ticket Giveaway April 26, 2013Join The Score this summer at various locations throughout the Chicagoland area for your chance to win one of twenty pairs of tickets to a future White Sox game!