Smith makes headlines before Hall vote
CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) Bruton Smith just can't help himself sometimes.
The eccentric track owner this week suggested he might move a race away from Charlotte Motor Speedway at the exact same time a committee is considering electing him into the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
When the 54 voters cast their ballots Wednesday, it will be impossible to overlook Smith's most recent headline-grabbing stunt. He told Charlotte television station WBTV on Monday there's a "70 percent chance" he'll move the October race at Charlotte to his Las Vegas property.
|Sprint Cup Series|
|Camping World Truck Series|
|FROM THE NASCAR WIRE||Wire|
|Jimmie Johnson adds another record to Hall of Fame credentials|
A cursory glance at Jimmie Johnson's racing resume will tell you that the driver of the No. 48 Hendrick Motorsports Chevrolet is a lock to make the NASCAR Hall of Fame.
But Johnson is still writing history, and in Saturday night's Sprint All-Star Race at Charlotte Motor Speedway, he added another gaudy tile to his mosaic of accomplishment. (MORE)
|NASCAR Beat: The Official Podcast of NASCAR|
2013 NASCAR Beat - NHOF Rusty WallaceTuesday, February 5, 2013 12:00 AM ET
We wrap up our NASCAR Hall of Fame profiles with a look at the youngest Inductee, Rusty Wallace.
|AP NASCAR Podcast|
AP Inside NASCAR
From Daytona to the Chase, join host Brian Horton and auto racing writers Jenna Fryer and Mike Harris every week as they take a look at the world of NASCAR and offer trackside observations and behind-the-scenes information.
|Sprint CupCoca-Cola 600||May 263:16 PT4:16 MT5:16 CT6:16 ET18:16 ET22:16 GMT6:16 北京时间3:16 MST5:16 EST2:16 UAE (+1)5:16 CT0:16 CET TV: FOX|
|NationwideHistory 300||May 2512:02 PT1:02 MT2:02 CT3:02 ET15:02 ET19:02 GMT3:02 北京时间12:02 MST2:02 EST23:02 UAE2:02 CT21:02 CET TV: ABC|
|Camping World TruckLucas Oil 200||May 312:10 PT3:10 MT4:10 CT5:10 ET17:10 ET21:10 GMT5:10 北京时间2:10 MST4:10 EST1:10 UAE (+1)4:10 CT23:10 CET TV: SPEED|
Follow 670 The Score
- Photo: Does Kevin Durant’s Back Tattoo Have A Misspelled Word?We know Kevin Durant is a nice guy, but maybe he should have proofread the text before allowing a tattoo artist to begin inking an intricate mural on his back.2800
- Twitter Responds To Urlacher’s RetirementAs it always does, Twitter exploded when Brian Urlacher announced his retirement.1149
- Video: Urlacher’s Biggest HitsIn the wake of his retirement, officially announced Wednesday morning, check out this video of some of Urlacher's biggest hits from his 13-year career with the Bears.885
- Bernstein: Briggs’ Response Shows Bears’ Identity ChallengeHidden in the brush-off Lance Briggs gave the media yesterday is a much larger issue facing a team trying to push one side of the ball into modernity while keeping another rooted in the past.1489
- Brian Urlacher Announces RetirementAfter 13 seasons with the Chicago Bears, Brian Urlacher has officially retired.4750
Online Sports Columnists
- AVEENO® MEN’S “Building a Healthier Foundation” Sweepstakes May 21, 2013AVEENO® Men’s™ knows your family is your foundation. And to take good care of them, you need to take good care of yourself. Win a family day at the ballpark from AVEENO® Men’s™.
- Join Hankook Tire To Reel In The Next Big Catch May 20, 2013Join Hankook tire to reel in the next great catch! Click here to go to www.TirePrize.com and enter for your chance to win the ultimate fishing excursion in Puerto Rico!
- Meet Jim Rome On Set In Los Angeles May 20, 2013AutoZone and the Jim Rome Show are giving one winner and a guest a trip to meet Jim Rome in Los Angeles on the set of his Showtime television show! Enter for your chance to win!
- Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau Post Game Show Giveaway May 10, 2013Listen to The Score’s Baseball Post Game Show for your chance to win a $100 lodging gift certificate from the Marquette County Convention & Visitors Bureau!
- Enjoy Golf’s Best Round With GREY GOOSE Vodka May 1, 2013Enjoy Golf’s Best Round this season with GREY GOOSE Vodka! Visit your participating retailer today and purchase one 750 mL or larger bottle of GREY GOOSE Vodka to receive one free round of golf!